10 Reasons why you should visit Namibia
1. The Namib at 80 million years, is the oldest desert in the world. Namibia itself is characterized by vast open spaces, breathtaking scenery and great contrasts – ocean, dunes, mountains and deserts, .
2. The world’s highest sand dunes are at Sossusvlei in the Namib-Naukluft National Park.
3. Easily accessible wilderness paradises such as the Etosha National Park. The Waterburg Plateau National Park, the Fish River Canyon, the Namib Rand Private Game Reserve and the Namib-Naukluft National Park.
4. Namibia offers great value for international visitors.
5. A diverse range of lodges, tented camps and guesthouses to suit all budgets.
6. Namibia is a popular self-drive destination with some of the best infrastructure in Africa.
7. Namibia boasts two spectacular deserts – the Kalahari Desert and Namib Desert, each with distinctive wildlife and scenery. Desert adapted wildlife such as rhino, and elephant are fascinating creatures.
8. Diverse cultures from San Bushman, Portuguese and German influences to the Himba people still living their age-old traditional lifestyles. San paintings and engravings can be seen in the Kaokoveld and Damaraland.
9. The Namib and Damaraland offer remarkably clear skies for astonomers and keen star gazers.
10. The country offers superb birding and game viewing, including the coastal areas. Excellent fishing is available along the coast as well as from the banks of the Kavango and Kunene Rivers on the Northern borders.